How do I care for my Shift product?
No matter what the material (i.e. wood, fabric, plastic, metal...) all products require maintenance to ensure a long healthy lifespan. Material and finish will vary considerably depending on conditions and type of use it is subjected to. To help maximize the lifespan of your SHIFT products, we have some essential rules you should follow:
- Always store SHIFT products in dry, well-ventilated places when not in use.
- Take every precaution to protect SHIFT products from any knocks or bumps that could cause chipping or scratching to the finish. Touch up paint should be immediately applied to any blemishes on steel products that occur.
- To prevent scratches and water retention, we recommend that you do not place decorative objects on any SHIFT products without rubber or felt pads to prevent damage due to scraping.
- Use glides to prevent degradation or damage to SHIFT products or flooring resulting from unprotected contact with the ground.
- Immediately clean off any traces of bird droppings, as these can be damaging and may lead to the corrosion or staining of your item.
- Hardware used for assembly may need to be tightened on an as needed basis based on volume of use. We recommend at least every 4 to 6 months.