Frequently Asked Questions
Can I order a custom product? Each SHIFT product can be customized, from the Tiger Drylac coating to its dimensions, to suit your desires. Send a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who designs SHIFT products? SHIFTSPACE, a team of architects and designers producing environments and experiences for brands and spaces.
I'd like to be a Stockist. Go to our Terms page and fill out the Wholesale Inquiry form on the right. We also allow Dropship, albeit with additional terms.
Product Origins? Each SHIFT product is made in the good ol’ United States of America. Ask us about any product, and we can tell you where it was made and the people that worked on it.
I placed an order, when will it ship? All standard orders ship 3-7 business days after initial inventory confirmation. Made to Order items have a longer lead time that will be communicated via email once the request is submitted. If an item is backordered, we will shoot you an email with an estimated delivery date if an alternate ship date is not already listed in the product description. If you need to inquire about an order, feel free to reach out at email@example.com
Do you ship internationally? We do! Send international shipping inquiries to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for quoting on a case-by-case basis.
Environmental Impact? SHIFT sources materials for each product and its packaging from the USA. The majority are crafted of Aluminum, which can be recycled again and again with no loss in material or quality. We pack simply and effectively to reduce our impact on the Earth, and rub out disposable living by producing durable designs that will exist long after the packing materials have recycled or composted.
Why Aluminum? To reiterate, there is no limit to how many times aluminum can be reclaimed. Nearly 75% of aluminum in circulation has been recycled, and it can be recycled again and again with no loss in material or quality. The material is lightweight, durable and readily available in the U.S.A. for architectural and furniture applications. To help us protect the environment, be sure to take your packaging and any old unwanted furniture to your local waste disposal center for recycling. Check out our journal at www.shiftmakes.com/journal for tips on living cleaner and smarter.
I have a specific need, do you offer design services? Shoot an email to email@example.com with some background on the job for consideration by SHIFTSPACE. You should hear back in 3-5 business days.
Can my order be expedited? At this time we offer expedited shipping only through coordination with the SHIFT team. You may inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org to review shipping options.
What if my order (or part of my order) is out of stock? If a product is out of stock, the anticipated ship date may be listed in the product description for that item. If your order contains some in-stock and some out of stock items, your order will typically be held back to ship out once all items are in stock.
What is your return policy? Every item is carefully inspected before leaving our warehouse. Therefore - SHIFT does not accept returns for any reason other than manufacturer defect or shipping error. Orders may be changed or cancelled with approval prior to shipment.
What if my item arrives damaged? To begin a return due to an issue you believe is covered by the warranty outlined below, contact email@example.com within 7 days of receipt of purchase including "return" or "exchange" in the message title. All returns must be authorized by SHIFT.
Can I be a SHIFT intern? We’re always searching for dedicated individuals to join our Philadelphia based team. To apply to intern with SHIFT, inquire via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "SHIFTERN".
Can I work for you? Maybe! Email your résumé (and samples of work) to email@example.com and we'll let you know if we're interested and/or in need of additional hands.
Can I license my design to SHIFT? Currently all our products are designed by SHIFTSPACE. If there's a design you want to submit anyway, send this to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be in touch if we see a fit.
How do I stay involved with SHIFT? Our newsletter is the best way to keep up to date with SHIFT, which can be found at the bottom of every SHIFT page. You can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, or Dwell.
Care tips? No matter what the material (i.e. wood, fabric, plastic, metal...) all products require maintenance to ensure a long healthy lifespan. Material and finish will vary considerably depending on conditions and type of use it is subjected to. To help maximize the lifespan of your SHIFT products, we have some essential rules you should follow:
- Always store SHIFT products in dry, well-ventilated places when not in use.
- Take every precaution to protect SHIFT products from any knocks or bumps that could cause chipping or scratching to the finish. Touch up paint should be immediately applied to any blemishes on steel products that occur.
- To prevent scratches and water retention, we recommend that you do not place decorative objects on any SHIFT products without rubber or felt pads to prevent damage due to scraping.
- Use glides to prevent degradation or damage to SHIFT products or flooring resulting from unprotected contact with the ground.
- Immediately clean off any traces of bird droppings, as these can be damaging and may lead to the corrosion or staining of your item.
- Hardware used for assembly may need to be tightened on an as needed basis based on volume of use. We recommend at least every 4 to 6 months.
What's your Warranty? SHIFT extends a One Year Limited Warranty to the original purchaser of any standard SHIFT product. Should our products fail under normal use at any point during one year of receipt by the original owner, because of workmanship or material defect, we will either repair, replace, or refund it upon review. This guarantee does not apply in instances of:
- Failure to follow product care instructions supplied by SHIFT above and posted on the company’s website.
- Damage caused by a carrier other than SHIFT.
- Normal wear and tear or acts or omissions of parties other than SHIFT (including user modification).
- Custom or Made to Order products
- Customers own material or other third party materials applied to products.
- Products either not installed according to instructions or damaged by careless removal of packaging.
- Dramatic temperature variations or exposure to unusual conditions. -Deficiency in textiles or upholstery supplied by SHIFT.
NOTE: This warranty applies to SHIFT products used in residential contexts. Please contact SHIFT to request our Commercial/Contract Warranty terms. Additional details are available by inquiry to email@example.com.